Android Deployment Guide
A guide for setting up TelemetryTV on Android devices
AndroidTV Hardware Information
What devices does this include?
- AndroidTV box,
See our hardware page for a list of all recommended devices.
What are the advantages of these devices?
- Great value for the price
What are the disadvantages of these devices?
- Reliability and quality can vary widely
- Depending on the device, may not be able to launch directly into TelemetryTV
What software is required to run TelemetryTV on these devices?
Android 8.0 or later
Android Software Setup
Follow this step-by-step guide to set up TelemetryTV on your Android device.
Ensure your device is running Android 8.0 or higher
- Connect your device to the internet
- Follow these steps to check for updates on your device.
Download the TelemetryTV Media Player App to your device from the Google Play Store
- Set it as the Home App
- After installing our app, hit the home button. It should ask to set as home app "just this once" or "always." Select Always.
- If the above does not occur, you can apply this setting under Settings > Apps
Pairing the device to your TelemetryTV account
- Turn on your device
- Once the TelemetryTV media player is running, a pairing code will appear. On the TelemetryTV web app, navigate to the "Devices" page, click the "Pair" button, and type in the pairing code.
Important to note: These devices will require testing and may or may not work depending on the platform. Quality can vary a lot on these devices. For instance, they may have locked versions of the Android System Webview which will prevent our app from running.