- Turn on your device
- Open your Chrome browser on your device and search for TelemetryTV. Install the media player.
- Once the media player is running, a pairing code will appear. On your computer, navigate to the "Devices" page in TelemetryTV, click the "Pair" button, and type in the code.
Your device is now paired with TelemetryTV.
We recommend using Chrome Enterprise and Single App Kiosk Mode. This allows a managed Chrome device to boot directly into the TelemetryTV application without user intervention. You can use this to deploy Telemetry to many devices without needing to interact with each device any time there's a power failure or device software update.
The set up can be complicated, but we've broken it down into a step-by-step checklist for you to follow:
1. Purchase your Google Enterprise Single App Kiosk Licenses
Chrome Enterprise is Google's management system that lets you manage multiple Chrome devices through a single interface. It provides policies that allow IT departments to deploy and manage at scale. For more information, including how to purchase licenses please see the Chrome Enterprise website.
There is a special license designed for digital signage that is less expensive ($24 USD per year) than the general license called Single App Kiosk. Talk to your Chrome reseller for more details.
You must purchase an annual Chrome Enterprise license from a Google reseller for each of your ChromeOS devices you want to use with TelemetryTV and automatic device provisioning.
2. Enroll your ChromeOS Devices
Click here for Google Enterprise instructions to enroll your devices.
3. Add TelemetryTV to your Google Admin Site
Go to Google Admin and log in to your Google account
Click Device Management
Once your new project has been created, search for "Admin SDK" in the search bar at the top of the page. It should appear like this:
5. Click to go to the Admin SDK page. With your project selected (the project name should be visible to the right of the Google APIs logo in the top left), you can then enable Admin SDK for this project. Click "overview" on the left side of the page, then click "enable".
If you'd like to read more information about why this is necessary, click here.
6. Tie the TelemetryTV Media Player to your TelemetryTV account
- Return to the TelemetryTV web app and go to the Devices page.
- Click the Provision button on the Devices page.
- Download the provisioning file by clicking on the icon shown in the image below:
4. Return to Google Admin. Click Device Management > Chrome Management > App Management and select TelemetryTV Media Player
5. Click on Kiosk Settings and select the organization you want to manage.
6. Click upload configuration file and upload the provisioning file you downloaded from TelemetryTV. Your domain now has TelemetryTV configured as an available app and it is configured to point at your TelemetryTV account!
7. Configure your Devices to be a TelemetryTV Kiosk
This setting configures your devices to auto-launch the TelemetryTV app when rebooted. This allows for a seamless viewing experience.
- From Google Admin, go to Device Management > Chrome Management > Device Settings.
- Select the organization you'd like to configure, and scroll down to the Kiosk Settings section: