Figuring out which screen to use for your digital signage can be overwhelming—there are seemingly endless numbers of brands, sizes, and features, which makes it difficult to determine the option that’s right for you.
Whether you’re starting from the ground up and just trying to figure out how much digital signage costs, looking to buy 1 display for your small business or 100’s for your enterprise, we’ve got you covered. This article will provide a quick summary with some of the best digital signage displays that we highly recommend - and has been updated to include the newest display options for 2020.
(Note: some displays are available in multiple sizes, we have used 55" examples.)
With employees working from home we are happy to offer our new TelemetryTV desktop app for free - keep remote users in the loop with critical updates, dashboards, announcements, and live streams straight to their desktop monitors.
1. 55” TCL 6-Series LED
The 6-Series 4K TCL display has repeatedly been hailed as one of the best consumer displays of the year. At $550.00 USD this display punches well above its weight class and can compete with displays running into the $2000.00+ price point. The Roku TV integrated display features 4K UHD picture with QLED color technology, and Dolby Vision HDR, for truly powerful performance. The brushed metal design and full edge-to-edge glass display blends seamlessly into your viewing experience.
- 4K UHD native resolution with Dolby Vision HDR to deliver exceptional detail and clarity, vibrant colours, and deeper contrast
- Provides three HDMI 2.0 inputs
- HDR performance package brings together different technologies like Contrast Control Zone, IPQ Engine, and HDR Pro Gamma to improve the image quality and colour and elevate your viewing experience
2. 55” Sony Bravia X750F LED
With great picture quality and Android TV technology, this consumer rated 4K Ultra HD smart TV from Sony is a good option for anyone looking at displays around the $500.00 USD price point. While it’s not the brightest or highest contrast TV, the Sony Bravia is a solid choice to get started with a digital signage display.
- All-in-one TV and device solution
- Huge selection of apps and features, including voice interaction through Google Assistant
- Power saving mode helps reduce energy usage by adjusting display brightness
- Narrow aluminum effect bezel for beautiful looks
There are a few key differences when we start looking at commercial digital signage displays vs. consumer displays, including brightness, viewing angle, warranty an additional features. Below are some of our favorite commercial digital signage displays for 2020.
3. 55” Samsung DC-E Series Commercial LED
Simple, reliable, and cost-effective, the Samsung DC-E Series showcases a sleek design and excellent 1080p Full HD image quality. At $788.00 USD the DC-E series is one of the most affordable commercial displays on the market today, offering great value and reliable performance.
- Slim design with narrow bezels and chassis depth
- Direct-lit LED technology provides the image quality and energy saving advantages of LED technology
- Samsung’s most affordable commercial-grade digital signage
- The DC-E-series displays are designed to operate up to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 3-year onsite warranty to secure your investment
4. 55” Samsung PM-H Series Commercial LED
The Samsung PM-H Series takes performance up a notch from DC-E series, with a 1080p Full HD display and built for 24/7 run-time the Samsung PM-H Series gets you the connectivity you need and delivers an impressive picture quality. The 60 Hz refresh rate will help smooth out fast-moving video, while the display's 500 cd/m² of brightness and 4000:1 contrast ratio will help your advertisements be seen clearly, even in daylight. Coming in at $1,963.00 USD this 55” display is a great option for your commercial digital signage needs.
- Slim profile with a mere 1.2" cabinet depth
- Up to 15 x 15 video wall capable
- Embedded media player for simple content management.
- Proven durable with certified dust protection, plus a non-glare panel for improved visibility
- The PM-H series displays are designed to operate up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
5. 55” Toshiba TD-Z Series Commercial LED
At just under $1900.00 USD, this 55” commercial display from Toshiba offers premium picture quality, thanks to 1080p Full HD resolution and ultra wide 178° viewing angle, landscape and portrait mode capability, plus a slim LCD display for reproducing high-quality images for a wide range of digital signage applications.
- Durable Professional Design - narrow bezel and slim depth.
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 (1080p) with Toshiba's fine picture settings.
- 178° multi-viewing angle.
- Landscape and portrait mode orientations
- The TD-Z series displays are designed to operate up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 3-year limited commercial warranty
6. 55" NEC E557Q Commercial LED
The 55” NEC E557Q is one of the best digital signage options available. This commercial-grade display is ideal for education, corporate and other digital signage applications. Compared to previous generation displays, this model’s 4K UHD resolution and LED direct backlighting allows for higher visual acuity, reduced power consumption and localized dimming that gives a higher dynamic contrast ratio. With a price tag of $1,149.00 USD, this 55” NEC has everything you need in a commercial digital signage display.
- 4K UHD resolution
- Built-in USB multimedia player helps simplify digital signage
- Additional USB port for 2V / 5A power delivery
- Direct LED backlighting reduces power consumption
- The thin bezel provides a sleek aesthetic
- LED backlighting enables eco-friendly digital signage
- Three HDMI ports provide single-cable digital HD connectivity with audio
- 24-hour on/off timer maintains your power schedule
- 3-year limited commercial warranty
Want to get started using digital signage? Sign up for your free 14 day trial of TelemetryTV today.
While there many many brands and models to choose from, these solid options provide all the features you need in a digital signage display and are a good representation of some of the choices available on the market today.
Of course, budget and use case will be the key factors in deciding which display is right for you, and the more money you are willing to spend, the more likely you are to find a screen that can be powered for 24 hours a day and is better suited to bright environments. If you are looking for media players, check out our guide to the best digital signage players for 2020.